Programs are like bicycles, scooters or skateboards. If you don’t use them daily the skills get a little rusty. Here are my notes (for me and) for you on how to set up a PDF file so that will upload seamlessly to CreateSpace.
Your manuscript is edited and completely ready to go in MS Word. To upload it to CreateSpace, it must be converted into a PDF file that embeds the fonts.
Before you begin, you should have entered all the information necessary to start a book project within CreateSpace. In this process, you will have chosen a size for your book. CreateSpace will provide measurements of that size. These exact measurements are what you will enter when setting up your PDF document.
Example: A standard book size is 6″x 9.” CreateSpace provides the measurements 15.24 x 22.86 cm. This will need to be converted to mm by moving the decimal over one space to the right. The numbers you will enter on the PDF set up is 152.4 x 228.6 mm.
- Within Microsoft Word, Click on Print
- Change the Printer Setting to Adobe PDF
3. Click on Printer Properties
4. Change Default Settings to: PDF/X-1a:2001
5. Adobe PDF Output Folder: Click on Browse to direct it to where you want the PDF file to go (this should be a file folder that you can navigate to when CreateSpace asks for which file to upload).
6. Adobe PDF Page Size: Add a custom setting using the measurements that you got for your book at CreateSpace.
And there you have it! Good luck and happy authoring.
Click here to read about How to Format KDP files (e-books) with pictures.
One Reply to “Manuscript PDF Settings for CreateSpace – Print Books”